The Elder Scrolls Online is heading back to the frozen north, back to Skyrim. Titled ESO: Greymoor, the next Chapter of the game is bringing the cold and with it a huge series of updates and changes that aim to shake up the MMO in a number of ways. With new adventures and new ways to play, ESO: Greymoor looks to bring some of the biggest changes to The Elder Scrolls Online we’ve seen since Tamriel Unlimited.
If you’re a lapsed player, someone new, or just wanting to know about the next year, don’t worry. We’ve got your backs with all the info you need about the major ESO: Greymoor Updates for 2020 and beyond.
ESO: Greymoor Updates and Changes
As with previous ESO Chapters, Greymoor isn’t just an expansion pack with it comes a whole raft of updates and changes that will span the next year of content for the game. Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll be seeing as we go into 2020 and 2021:
- New zone: Western Skyrim will open for adventurers. We’ve already fought and survived the Western areas but now Solitude and the colossal underground area of Blackreach will be ready for you to plumb and explore.
- Dark Heart of Skyrim: 2020’s story starts with the Harrowmoor DLC dungeon pack and expands beyond throughout the year and through Greymoor’s zones. Terrifying supernatural storms have swept the area and Skyrim’s creatures are threatening the world. With the world on the line it’s up to you to discover the dark secrets behind them and seal them away once again. Players can continue on from where they left off in Harrowmoor, or explore without having played the DLC – Zenimax and Bethesda let you experience ESO Greymoor’s changes how you want.
- Antiquities: Dive deep into the bones of Nirn and discover lost artifacts that help tell the hidden history of Tamriel. This new activity system allows you to become a budding archaeologist as you explore ESO: Greymoor and beyond, playing a brand-new series of minigames as you delve into the lost past of the world.
- New public dungeons, devles, and trials: As part of ESO: Greymoor’s updates you’ll be able to take part in new delves, dungeons and even a new 12-player Trial titled Kyne’s Aegis.
- Revamped vampires: Free to all ESO players, not just those experiencing ESO: Greymoor’s changes, will be a revamped vampirism tree. In addition as part of the main plotline you’ll encounter an old type of foe we haven’t seen since the days of Dawnguard, the terrifying Vampire Lord.
- New events: The world itself will change as part of ESO: Greymoor, with Harrowstorms ravaging the world and causing chaos across Tamriel.
With ESO: Greymoor we’ll see the Elder Scrolls Online updated with a huge year-long storyline that takes us deep into the darkness of both Tamriel itself and the forgotten past of the world. ESO: Greymoor will be released on the 18th of May for PC players, and is available for pre-order right now.
Alex “Theoban” McHugh is a massive RPG and classic gaming fan, recently though he’s become consumed by The Elder Scrolls Online. He’s also a devoted Warhammer 40k player, hoping to take his beloved Word Bearers to victory. At least, once would be nice. Follow Alex on Green Man Gaming here.
More Gaming Stories