New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee

Transformers News: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee

Friday, May 8th, 2020 5:53pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 12,564

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user, Cyberpath, has informed us that the snakas blog has gotten ahold of new promotional pictures of the forthcoming Masterpiece Arcee! These pictures show of both the bot and vehicle modes. According to to the blog post these seem to originate from Thailand, as part of promotional images for the toy. We can see her using some of her accessories, like her pistols, blast effects and her wheel shredder that was used in the movie, fending off the junkions.

Check out the pictures below!

Transformers News: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee

Transformers News: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee

Transformers News: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee

Have these pictures changed your mind about this figure? Or have you already made your mind up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Cyberpath from Seibertron, Snakas blog


Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063727)
Posted by william-james88 on May 8th, 2020 @ 6:04pm CDT

Rodimus Prime wrote:It’s a decent-looking figure, I just hate it that the chest piece ruins it. For me it does, anyway.

It ruins it for me too.
Its not just the chest but it’s relation to everything around it. It just doesn’t seem like a cohesive design.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063728)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 8th, 2020 @ 6:39pm CDT

Welp… Arcee is trying her best.

But her best picture is the one below:

Image

Azalea still reign supreme.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063730)
Posted by Prime Target on May 8th, 2020 @ 6:58pm CDT

Takaras just horny at this point. Giving up an otherwise amazing looking figure for the sake of the Tiddies. I wonder how long it’ll be before they’res a boob upgrade kit.

Nah but seriously this looks really good. There are issues like the backpack going out a little further then the Season 3, 4 and Headmasters model, I’m not seeing her pistol from the end of the movie in the right colours If its there at all, the Wheel stop she used on the Junkion came from her wheel and not from the front like the MP and the chest is Glaring and terrible. But the alt mode is perfect. Other then the chest it’s a spitting image of the Model, She has a great ass ;) and the holster and Rifle are interesting accessories to include. I’ll wait for more pics and the Pre-Order to pop up at EB Games AUS. I may pick it up but I don’t really wanna pick up the Targetmaster Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus or any 3P MP Wreck Gar, Springer, Wheelie or Blurr as companion pieces. I’m just happy with CHUG scale Takara versions of them and any characters they make into Mps should be able to stand by themselves



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063734)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 8th, 2020 @ 7:25pm CDT

Prime Target wrote:Takaras just horny at this point. Giving up an otherwise amazing looking figure for the sake of the Tiddies. I wonder how long it’ll be before they’res a boob upgrade kit.

Oh hell naw!
This Arcee look like a 55yo cougar desperate for attention. The opposite of sexy.

For “sexy” let’s just drop all pretences and go for Nicee.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063736)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 8th, 2020 @ 7:35pm CDT

The backpack is annoying, but I think I like it better then them just removing half of her car mode and using it as a shield or skateboard like with the earthrise one. But yeah, her chest plate really does look pretty terrible. It doesn’t mesh with the rest of the design very well. I mentioned before, he reminds me of someone wearing a cardboard box as a bra.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063737)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 8th, 2020 @ 7:39pm CDT

Man, all I ever wanted for years was a MP Arcee… but not quite like this? The proportions just seem off, the backpack certainly doesn’t help. She just seems to lack the weight (her AND her Earthrise counterpart) that made Arcee a formidable warrior and not the secretary that she was in Headmasters. It seems we’re either stuck with an Arcee with an oversized backpack, or an Arcee that requires partsforming. I think for now I’ll stick with her Thrilling 30 Gen toy, which I think is the best toy representation of Arcee (not including the amazing Animated and Prime toys. And the upcoming Cyberverse toy isn’t too bad either).

If anything, it seems like HasTak is testing the waters with futuristic vehicle designs and decided to use Arcee as the experiment for this new design choice for other post-movie characters. It goes hand-in-hand with the Masterpiece line eschewing accurate vehicles for deathly accurate cartoon models, a curse we especially see in the new Bumblebee (I mean… that face). So let’s hope that the inevitable upcoming MP Kup, Springer, Blurr, etc don’t sacrifice too much in order to look like a poorly drawn 80s cartoon character.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063739)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 8th, 2020 @ 7:42pm CDT

Rodimus Knight wrote:The backpack is annoying, but I think I like it better then them just removing half of her car mode and using it as a shield or skateboard like with the earthrise one. But yeah, her chest plate really does look pretty terrible. It doesn’t mesh with the rest of the design very well. I mentioned before, he reminds me of someone wearing a cardboard box as a bra.

This may be a typo, but somehow, it fit. :/

On my end, I can tolerate the “sagging” chest. But that backpack look like a cancerous growth. Ocular Max Azalea dealt with the backpack in the most effective way so far. Even Rouge did it better than the MP. As for Laea, she’s disqualified because the whole rear section of her vehicle mode is bafflingly missing.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063751)
Posted by Solipsist on May 8th, 2020 @ 10:17pm CDT

Incredible! I’ve waited almost 34 years for a figure like this one. HASBRO/TAKARA-TOMY finally got the hint and make this. I’m saving my pennies to maybe get this release. I am also psyched for the ‘Siege: Earthrise’ Optimus Prime with trailer and the new Titan Class Scorponok. :TAKARATOMY: :HASBRO: :APPLAUSE: ;)^



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063759)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 8th, 2020 @ 11:39pm CDT

well to be honest have we ever had an official more accurate Arcee toy :-?
yes they could have maybe should have put in the extra engineering to make her more visually appealing
but at what cost :???: i think until i see a video review ill reserve judgment



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063761)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 8th, 2020 @ 11:46pm CDT

Arcee is further proof that the current head of MP design needs to have “STOP TRYING TO NEEDLESSLY DISAPPEAR WHEELS” stapled to his forehead.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063762)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 8th, 2020 @ 11:47pm CDT

Ultra Markus wrote:well to be honest have we ever had an official more accurate Arcee toy :-?
yes they could have maybe should have put in the extra engineering to make her more visually appealing
but at what cost :???: i think until i see a video review ill reserve judgment

Right there with you. Despite what I said, I just know I’m gonna cave instantly.

I just know one day soon we’re going to be able to recreate the 86 Movie cover with all Masterpieces. Not soon enough… :x



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063769)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 9th, 2020 @ 2:19am CDT

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Arcee is further proof that the current head of MP design needs to have “STOP TRYING TO NEEDLESSLY DISAPPEAR WHEELS” stapled to his forehead.

You seriously think that this single step warrant all those sacrifices and odd design choices? Come on, man. It’s like blaming how poorly built a house is based on what picture frames hang on the walls. This make no sense.

Transform Element OP Leader and Ocular Max Azalea both have their vehicle wheels completely disappear in bot mode. Yet both their transformations are relatively straightforward and simple and their bots have basically no kibble.

Disappearing wheels is as simple as turning a panel and or folding some panels over. It’s no rocket science. MP-44 may be a bit overcomplicated, but at least he look good. This official MP Arcee is just BAD all over. You cannot blame a “single cause” when the cause is lost.

A bit baffling that this official Arcee fail so hard because the designers had so many 3P options to learn from.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063773)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 9th, 2020 @ 2:35am CDT

-Kanrabat- wrote:

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Arcee is further proof that the current head of MP design needs to have “STOP TRYING TO NEEDLESSLY DISAPPEAR WHEELS” stapled to his forehead.

You seriously think that this single step warrant all those sacrifices and odd design choices? Come on, man. It’s like blaming how poorly built a house is based on what picture frames hang on the walls. This make no sense.

Transform Element OP Leader and Ocular Max Azalea both have their vehicle wheels completely disappear in bot mode. Yet both their transformations are relatively straightforward and simple and their bots have basically no kibble.

Disappearing wheels is as simple as turning a panel and or folding some panels over. It’s no rocket science. MP-44 may be a bit overcomplicated, but at least he look good. This official MP Arcee is just BAD all over. You cannot blame a “single cause” when the cause is lost.

A bit baffling that this official Arcee fail so hard because the designers had so many 3P options to learn from.

Perhaps I should have said kibble and not just wheel, those were just on the forefront of my mind because of MP-47. In any case, the designer was desperately scrambling to avoid integrating any of the altmode into the robot mode and vice versa, not even a concession of the thighs forming part of the car aft as was done on T30 Arcee. Forget learning from 3P, they couldn’t even learn from a toy they themselves did six years ago! And then tried to compress that down to a Deluxe.

Also, I think I realized what’s off about her chest. They made the top of her “bosom” a separate slope from her collar area, and squashed it down to below the armpit. On the actual cartoon design, the collar area is incorporated into the upper part of her chest, the slope of which extends to the top of her shoulders.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063774)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 9th, 2020 @ 2:46am CDT

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Forget learning from 3P, they couldn’t even learn from a toy they themselves did six years ago!

This. So much this.

What make the other “Arcees” work so well, even Rouge and Laea, is the fact that many of their bot parts are also part of the vehicle. Thus reducing the backpack. I can forgive the Earthrise Arcee to cheat via a “surfboard” because she’s a regular retail figure with a restricted budget. But the MP have no excuse with it’s “unlimited” budget.

I’m still looking forward the video reviews though. Maybe she will feel and look way better in hand than on those photos.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063776)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 9th, 2020 @ 2:53am CDT

-Kanrabat- wrote:

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Forget learning from 3P, they couldn’t even learn from a toy they themselves did six years ago!

This. So much this.

What make the other “Arcees” work so well, even Rouge and Laea, is the fact that many of their bot parts are also part of the vehicle. Thus reducing the backpack. I can forgive the Earthrise Arcee to cheat via a “surfboard” because she’s a regular retail figure with a restricted budget. But the MP have no excuse with it’s “unlimited” budget.

It’s because of the Hyper Cartoon Accuracy At All Costs trend. The rear fenders of Arcee’s car mode are entirely pink in the cartoon. And since the designer wasn’t willing to concede that for the sake of better integration…



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063783)
Posted by frogbat on May 9th, 2020 @ 6:24am CDT

It’s not awful, and I reckon will look much better in hand… however, the price is off putting for me atm. Last mp I got was hound which was great but fragile and was zero fun to transform. I feel that they could get “easier” figures right rather than end up with a less than perfect complicated one like arcee.

Think I’ll return to collecting mps when they release the rest of the ark crew or I win the lotto.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063792)
Posted by william-james88 on May 9th, 2020 @ 7:47am CDT

Ultra Markus wrote:well to be honest have we ever had an official more accurate Arcee toy :-?
yes they could have maybe should have put in the extra engineering to make her more visually appealing
but at what cost :???: i think until i see a video review ill reserve judgment

I’d argue that LG-10 is as accurate.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063796)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 9th, 2020 @ 8:16am CDT

If the 3rd party companies can make an Arcee with an accurate looking chest I don’t know why Takara couldn’t. I guess the designer didn’t think it would bother anyone that much.



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063797)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 9th, 2020 @ 8:20am CDT

Gauntlet101010 wrote:If the 3rd party companies can make an Arcee with an accurate looking chest I don’t know why Takara couldn’t. I guess the designer didn’t think it would bother anyone that much.

Wasn’t this the same guy who did T30 Arcee though?



Re: New Pictures of MP 51 Arcee (
2063800)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 9th, 2020 @ 8:26am CDT

ZeroWolf wrote:

Gauntlet101010 wrote:If the 3rd party companies can make an Arcee with an accurate looking chest I don’t know why Takara couldn’t. I guess the designer didn’t think it would bother anyone that much.

Wasn’t this the same guy who did T30 Arcee though?

No idea. It just seems to me that engineering can’t be an excuse.

This Article was first published onSource link . We are just re-posting and re-sharing from their RSS feed.

Toys Figures Statues Cool Stuff

About Zo

Check Also

New Star Wars Hasbro Collectibles Announced | | DisKingdom.com | Disney | Marvel | Star Wars

New Star Wars Hasbro Collectibles Announced | | DisKingdom.com | Disney | Marvel | Star Wars

Hasbro has announced details on many new Star Wars productions includes a Black Series Electronic …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.