Zsofi is struggling to fit in at her new school – singing in the school’s famous choir is her only consolation, but the choir director may not be the inspirational teacher everyone thinks she is. It will take Zsofi and her new friend Liza to uncover the cruel truth.
“Sing” is a childhood drama with a lot of music set in 1990s post-socialist Budapest, Hungary.
Based on a true story, it follows an award-winning school choir and the new girl in class facing a tough choice: to stand up against a corrupt system – or to fit quietly into it.
This short film won following awards:
– Best Live Action Short / Academy Awards OSCAR®, 2017
– Audience Award / 32ème Festival du Cinema Européen Lille
– Audience Award / Festival International de Cine Lanzarote
– People’s Choice Award / TIFF Kids Toronto
– Daazo.com Special Award / Friss Hús Fesztivál Budapest Grand Prix & Best International Short &
– Audience Award / Short Shorts Film Festival & Asia, Tokyo (OSCAR® Qualifying)
– Best Child Actress (for Dorka Gáspárfalvi and Dorottya Hais) & Audience Award / Sapporo Shortsfest
– Best Live Action Short Film / Chicago International Children’s Film Festival (OSCAR® Qualifying)
– 2nd Prize / Interfilm KUKI + TeenScreen Berlin
Original title – Mindenki (Sing)
Director – Kristof Deák
Screenplay – Kristof Deák, Christian Azzola, Bex Harvey
Producers – Anna Udvardy, Kristof Deák
Cast – Zsófia Szamosi, Dorottya Hais, Dorka Gáspárfalvi
Music – Adam Balazs
Year – 2016
© Licensed by New Europe Film Sales