Excellent introduction into the world of drawing comics. Even though it’s old (1986) and very cheesy!
Though it’s somewhat outdated, it is still full of insights and is an excellent foundation, covering all the basics that are still relevant today. You will gain a lot from this if you are starting out, or perhaps, even if you are more advanced, because this video takes a very comprehensive and thorough approach to drawing comics.
Presented by Stan Lee & John Buscema it covers all the basics in these following chapters:
1. The Tools and Terms of the Trade. 1:41
2. The Secrets of Form: Making an Object Look Real. 7:22
3. The Power of Perspective. 10:14
4. Lets Study the Figure. 15:28
5. Lets Draw the Figure.19:15
6. The Name of the Game is Action. 21:54
7. Foreshortening, Drawing The Figure In Perspective 27:29
8. Drawing the Human Head. 29:25
10. Draw Your Own Comic Book Page. 45:11
11. The Comic Book Cover. 47:09
12. The Art of Inking. 49:58
Check out the accompanying book here:
Or the updated version here:
Or Download the of the book PDF here:
This video was first published onSource link . We are just re-posting and re-sharing from their RSS feed.
More How to Draw Videos and Content